Inspiring a Love for Lifelong Learning
PE and Sport funding
Our Sport Premium funding has enabled us to experience a multitude of competitive sporting opportunities and in July 2018, APPS achieved the GOLD Sports Mark Award!
Change 4 Life: http://www.nhs.uk/change4life/Pages/change-for-life.aspx
"Sport has the power to change the world......it has the power to inspire"
Nelson Mandela, 1918 - 2013
The government is providing additional funding to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. This funding – provided jointly by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture and Media and Sport – will be allocated to primary school head teachers.
This funding is ring-fenced and therefore can only be spent on provision of PE and sport in schools.
Purpose of funding
Schools must spend the additional funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this.
Should you require any further information on PE funding, please visit link
At Ashford park we aim:
- To engage children of all abilities in physical education;
- To increase school participation in a range of competitive sports;
- To enhance staff continuing professional development to enable teachers to confidently and competently teach a range of physical activities;
- To develop pupil leadership roles.
- To offer children the opportunity to participte in sessions from highly skilled external Sports Bodies (e.g the FA and London Irish Rugby team);
- To offer the most able children the opportunity to particpate in elite competitions, tournaments and training.
"The primary school sports premium is used effectively. The quality of physical education teaching is improving. This is because teachers observe lessons taught by specialist teachers and use this to improve their own skills and practice. The school has increased the number of clubs available and plays a more active and successful part in local sports tournaments."
Ofsted December 2014.