Supporting your Child with Maths at Home
Whilst children learn about maths in school, there are also many ways that you too can support your child at home. There are so many fun activities and games you can include in your everyday routines! Because maths is all around us and we are using it every day, you will already be doing many of these mathematical activities and practising your child’s numerical skills without even thinking about it. The most important thing you can do is to make learning maths FUN!
We have online platforms that the children have access to that provide them with opportunities to recap and further practise skills and concepts taught at school. These are Mathletics, Times Table Rock Stars and Math Shed.
- Top Marks (A variety of KS1 and KS2 games - The ‘Hit The Button’ games are really good for recall of number facts) - https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games
- Maths Frame - https://mathsframe.co.uk/en/resources/category/22/most-popular
- Help with learning tables – multiplication.com
- Games for KS2 and advice for parents – Mad4maths.com
- Transum Mathematics - http://www.transum.org/