Inspiring a Love for Lifelong Learning
Vacancies, Recruitment and Safeguarding
Ashford Park is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- Safeguarding responsibilities for all posts - to understand the importance of safeguarding, and ensure that the school's aims and objectives in relation to safeguarding are promoted in everyday organisation and practice.
- Applicants will be subject to a safeguarding check through an Enhanced Vetting and Barring Scheme.
- We will only accept fully completed and signed application forms.
- CVs will not be accepted.
- We shall approach referees for shortlisted candidates prior to interview and will seek references from your current employer.
OCTOBER 2021: Please find our current vacancies:
- Reception class teacher as from January 2022.
- Learning Support Assistant as from November / December 2021.
- Application forms for these roles are below - THANK YOU.
- Please email your completed application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ashford Park is a welcoming and friendly primary school which plays host to a specialist centre, complete with a therapy dog and rabbits. Our three form entry primary school is looking to the future to recruit colleagues keen to apply our curriculum supported through imaginative learning projects to teach exciting and engaging lessons. Our extensive grounds complete with pond, bird hide, kitchen garden, outdoor classrooms, rabbit quadrangle, mud kitchens, and sports fields, together with our well-equipped children's kitchen, library and classrooms, are an invitation to creative and active learning.
We pride ourselves on our commitment to developing leaders from within the school and invest in National Professional Qualifications and Masters study for committed and passionate staff. All teachers become part of a supportive curriculum group and are encouraged to promote their subject throughout the school. Our teachers have membership to the 'Chartered College', and we invest significantly in our professional learning and development, by inviting educationalists and authors such as Alex Quigley, Marc Rowland, Tom Sherrington, Mary Myatt and Paul Garvey to run INSET on identified school priorities, to improve and enhance our provision for our children.
At Ashford Park we are passionate about supporting and developing our workforce. We are fortunate to have a huge breadth of experience within our teaching and support staff. We nurture a number of Early Career Teachers (ECTs) each year, as well as individuals on the ‘Schools Direct’ programme. Some of our colleagues have entered teaching having already spent their professional lives in a completely different industry. Following in the footsteps of their children, we have encouraged and attracted colleagues to work with us after learning more about school life through their sons and daughters.
As a staff, we add a great deal to the already diverse nature of our school community. However, what we all have in common is our commitment to the personal and academic development and achievement of our children.
"Staff are highly motivated and feel valued."
OFSTED OCTOBER 2018
“The school’s welcoming and positive atmosphere underpins good teaching and behaviour. As a result, staff morale is high.
Ofsted December 2014